About Dr Suzan Bekir MBBS (hons1) FRACGP
Dr Suzie has been a GP in the Eastern suburbs for over 15 years and enjoys bringing multiple special skills and disciplines to create truly holistic care for her patients.
She has varied GP interests and has spent time over the years developing additional special skills for her General Practice in primary care Allergy and ENT, men’s health, men’s sexology treating men sexual dysfunction, Sleep Breathing Disorders in particular mouth breathing in children, CBT-insomnia, women’s health and HRT for menopause, general paediatrics, laser skin and cosmetic medicine and has studied with ACNEM learning fundamentals in nutritional and environmental medicine. She has additionally worked in Defence medicine working with the ADF at Tobruk clinic looking after Special Forces.
She has been a GP Trainer and accredited with GP synergy since 2015 and has developed many GP special skills training programs.
She continues to enjoy developing medical training programs for GPs and Nurse Practitioners as well as developing telehealth based online patient programs centred around lifestyle and chronic disease management.
Whilst she performs general medicine, she additionally performs for her patients:
· Iron and vitamin C/B infusions
· Skin checks and skin biopsies
· Skin cancer removals
· Mona Lisa vagina laser treatments
· Allergy skin prick testing for air and food allergens
· Medical rhinology assessments for mouth breathing and snoring
· Cosmetic injectables and chemical peels
· Focussed Psychological Strategies including Relaxation Mindfulness Breathing training and stress management
Dr Suzie grew up in the Eastern suburbs and has two teenage children in local schools and lives locally and in her spare time enjoys further studying medical qi gong and hellenistic astrology.